Ellen PearlmanNew media artist, critic, curator and writer
Dr Ellen Pearlman is a new media artist, critic, curator and writer.
– She created Noor: the world’s first immersive interactive Brain Opera in a 360- degree theatre.
– Ellen has a PhD from the School of Creative Media, Hong Kong City University, where her thesis was awarded Highest Honors Internationally by Leonardo LABS Abstracts.
– She is on the faculty of Parsons/New School University, and a Senior Researcher, Assistant Professor at RISEBA University in Riga, Latvia.
– A Fulbright World Learning Specialist in Art, New Media and Technology she is also an EU Vertigo STARTS Horizon 2020 Laureate, a Zero1 American Arts Incubator Fellow in Kyiv, – Ukraine, and a contributing editor to Performance Arts Journal (PAJ) MIT Press.
– She is also President of Art-A-Hack™ and Director and Curator of the New York Volumetric Society.
– She co-founded the first Summer Institute in Telematic Art with Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Videotage to create an internationally linked interactive telematic performance while FUSE Digital Artist in Residence at Videotage HK.
Creative Collaborations Between Art and Tech: ThoughtWorks Arts
How can you grow a tech/arts community and find sponsorship at no, or low cost? What do creative collaborations between artists, technologists, scientists, businesspeople and NGOs really mean? This presentation illustrates the history of ThoughtWorks Arts over the past six years as a way to incubate community, innovation and art.