Jaime LevyAuthor, O'Reilly Media
Jaime Levy is a product strategist, best-selling author, professor, and public speaker based in Los Angeles and Berlin. She helps business leaders and internal teams transform their product visions into innovative digital solutions that customers want. Jaime offers product strategy consulting, in-house training, conducts public/private workshops, and speaks at design and innovation conferences worldwide.
For more than 30 years, Jaime has been a pioneer in the creation of game-changing digital products and services. She currently runs her own strategy and design consultancy JaimeLevy.com based in Los Angeles and Berlin. Jaime has worked for Fortune 500 companies and award-winning agencies, leading the UX on projects in the entertainment, healthcare, finance, and technology sectors.
Jaime has taught product design and strategy courses and lectured at universities including the University of Southern California, New York University, Claremont Graduate University, Royal College of Art, University of Applied Sciences Potsdam, and the University of Oxford.
You can learn more about Jaime on Wikipedia 😉
TALK: What the Hell is UX Strategy?!
User experience (UX) strategy lies at the intersection of UX/product design and business strategy. This talk delves into this crucial practice, which relies on empirical, lightweight tactics for pushing cross-functional teams toward a unique digital solution that customers want. It will include a primer covering topics such as competitive research, customer discovery, value innovation, and why you must design a frictionless user experience.
Workshop: UX Strategy Crash Course With Jaime Levy
- November 25, 2021 at 10:00
- 280 €
- Tallinn University, Narva mnt 25, Tallinn, Estonia
Jaime Levy, author of the best seller UX Strategy (4,8/5 Amazon) will conduct this comprehensive workshop offering participants a high-level overview of the methodology along with hands-on experience of how to practice the product strategy techniques. Participants will leave with the confidence to immediately apply what they have learned to their own project initiatives.
UX strategy is a process that should be started before the design or development of a digital product commences. It is a practice that when done empirically is a better guarantee of a successful digital product than just crossing your fingers, designing some wireframes, and then writing a bunch of code. It’s the method by which you validate that your solution actually solves a problem for real customers in a dynamic marketplace.
During this workshop, you will learn:
- Why an empirical practice of user experience strategy is crucial for devising successful online products and services
- How to define and validate your target users through provisional personas and customer discovery techniques
- How to conduct competitive research and analysis to explore a crowded marketplace for an opportunity to create unique value
- How to focus your team on the primary utility and business model of your product by using storyboards as blueprints for prototyping
- How to plan and conduct cost-efficient, qualitative online research to quickly attain measurable feedback
- The Four Tenets of UX Strategy + Q&A
- Validating a Value Proposition using Provisional
- Personas & Customer Discovery Interviews
- Conducting Competitive Research and Analysis
- Storyboarding Value Innovation
The workshop duration is 7 hours